Από τηλεφωνική επικοινωνια η ενημέρωση για την απεργία πείνας
Επιστολή που συνέταξαν οι μετανάστες/κρατούμενοι
Dear sir /madam
An appeal for your intervention
Please accept warm hearty greetings from us the detainees of mennoyai detention center. We do have lots of grievances with the authorities of Cyprus (immigration/ ministry of interior) due to the poor human rights treatment we are getting from them. And we shall like to use this letter as a medium to express some of the reasons for our grievances with the authorities. We have send similar letter of complains / inquiries to the ministry of interior, the ombudsman, the future world center, etc. but they have all given us deaf ears. Some of the reasons for our grievances can be seen as bellow.
Firstly, as of now we are not certain about the maximum period of detention for detainees according to the current law/ human rights. We have heard different version from police officers, Lawyers and private individuals. last year 2014 by September there were series of hunger strikes and some detainees went to the roof three times to protest. And as such later all detainees who were 12 months and above were been released. And the authorities told us the current maximum detention period is 12 months but now they have refused to release detainees who are here now for 12 months and above.
Secondly, there are detainees who have kids outside. These kids were been put to birth in Cyprus and now some of them are grown up and going to school. Cyprus is the only country they know but now they are been deprived of their parents who are held under detention. The authorities have failed to clearly define the fate of such detainees and what will eventually happen to their children.
Thirdly, some few months ago when the director of immigration was been changed we were informed that according to the new law detainees who file for asylum will no longer be held under detention here. Many detainees who filed for asylum and those who were already asylum see where been released on that grounds. But now contrary to the law they are been interviewed while still here.
There are many other cases of human right violation such as an individual who has a kid with a Cypriot thereby making him a European father but he is still been locked up here like a common criminal. We know it is within your jurisdiction to look into our complains. We shall be very grateful for your intervention. Thanks for your understanding
List Some detainees in mennoyia
- Ali from Pakistan detention number 1864: I don’t have passport and also I don’t have money to pay lawyer, I want to stay here as a legally. Please help me as soon possible.
- Md elias Hussain from Bangladesh detention number I am married with European and I also have yellow slip. My wife is living in Cyprus and staying with me. I was arrested at work and imprisoned for 3 months. After the imprisonment I was sent to this detention center. I am really worried. Kindly please help me as soon as possible.
- Muhmmad Naeem Butt from Pakistan detention number 1707: My identity number is 05-00511958 and my file number is F 04-044423. I have a baby girl with Cypriot who is five and half years old. I have birth certificate and DNA test with me. 3 months ago, I was called to Licavitos police station and they arrested me and put me in this detention without any reason. Nobody is telling me the reason why I am been kept in detention. Please help me.
- Rashid Ali from Pakistan detention number 1754: my file # F 15 – 00072. R I have applied for asylum and after the interview, my application was rejected. I do not have a passport or any travelling document and I am been kept here in the detention center and nobody is telling me anything or updating me on my situation. I have been in the detention center for a little over 2 months. I am very much worried please help me.
- Fred Osae Asiedu from Ghana detention number 1871: I have applied for international protection and have been to the interview at the asylum service but I am still kept at mennoyai detention center even my confirmation letter of asylum application states I am legal until a decision is taken on my application.
- Emmanuel Samory Ndoumou. From Cameron detention number I have applied for’ international protection but the immigration is still keeping me here at the detention center since 3rd March 2015 and have not heard anything form them.
- Faisal Siddique from Pakistan detention number 1838: file No: F15-00237.R. I had applied for asylum and gone through the interview process but I am yet to receive the response from the asylum application .I have a five and half years old daughter who was born in Cyprus with a Cypriot birth certificate number 03-00013909 and is attending Government school. She is alone out there whiles I am in detention and much worry about her as I do not know the whereabouts of her mother wife. I am still waiting for the response from my asylum application and still kept in detention. Kindly please help me.
- Detention number Been in Cyprus from 2001. Married with English girl. In 2011 at Paphos.my wife pass a way in 2011 with breast concsda: I contact immigration they say they will contact me. I contact England they give me SSN. And pension. October 2014 immigration arrested me and put me in mennoyai as. An in legal immigration.
- Mamady Fadiga from Guinea detention number is 1711. I am in detention in mennoyia since 3 months when immigration arrested me last year for working illegally and was imprisoned for 2 months. After my imprisonment, immigration wanted to deport me but I told them that I cannot go back to my country because of the threat of Ebola disease but they still wanted to deport me. They however delayed and my passport has expired. They are however still keeping me here at the detention center.
- Alexander zaretskiy .from Kazakhstan. Detention number is 1655. I was in central prison in Nicosia from May 2014 till 27.11.2014. After that police detained me in mennoyia center. They want to deport me to Kazakhstan. But I don’t have passport. I am living in cyprus13 years together with my family. I lost Kazakh citizenship. My son is Neapoli (school). He is 14 years old my daughter is married for Cypriot Evros. She is pregnant. I need to take for my family here in Cyprus.
- Igor Ivanov from Detention number is 1359. I was detention traffic police at 8.6.2014 after that immigration police detained me in mennoyia until today more than 9 months. I have offshore company. I am director and owner. I have submitted my to Supreme court of Cyprus against immigration police decision on 13.2.215. I don’t have Russian passport. Two times federal migration service of Russia refused to recognize my Russian citizenship. I cannot stay in mennoyia forever stop ignore us.
- Arifuclah Sahibiada from Pakistan. Detention number is I was caught by paphos immigration on 10/02/2015. I was married to a Bulgarian lady and now my divorce is in program in a court.my lawyer has made a request to the ministry of interior for my release. The ministry of interior asked paphos immigration about their report on my case. Paphos immigration has already sent this report about my case to the ministry one week ago. That report was in my favor.my problem is the ministry, is taking two long to take a decision on my case. I am waiting for theses decision. But it’s taking so long.
- Jaswinder Singh . From India. Detention number is 1866 I already have case in kisa center. I have twice interview in makariou police station. They rejected my case. Now ombudsman reopen my case, but I did not get any response. I am much worried. I spend a lot of money to come Cyprus. Kindly please help me.so I can survive. Here is my file no; CN 1563.
- Mahdi Rahbar. From Detention number is 1836. Living in Cyprus 12 years.my children grew up in this country. They even are not fluent in Persian. They are studding at the moment. My youngest son is 10 years old and has Cyprus’s identity card and oldest son is studying in Nicosia University. But they are under great financial and mentally pressure. As a human, I request to help me please. Please investigate my life. My file number is; 5506986ARC.thank you for your time and consideration.
- lotfipur Abutaleb. From Detention number is 1783. I requested to be a refugee in 2004. I was in block 10 for around 6 months. I was in Limassol prison for about 24 months in 2006 and in 2010. I was there for 16 months. I have been capturing for 2 months in mennoyia dentation. And all of these are because of the visa. Please investigate my case. No: F04-01688, RC.6488812
- Habib Pourali Fasel, From Detention number is 1809 file no: F15-00202R. I am in your country as a refugee and I received my refugee permit, but they have been still capturing me in mennoyia dentation for around 1 and half month. Please investigate on my file.
- Hosseini Bayati Seyed Taghi, From Detention number is 1644. Applicant for the refugee with alien book number: 5654580.i captured in my house in: 15.11.2014 because I have not visa. And from that date up to now I am in unfavorable conditions in dentation of mennoyia. And now how you can help me as a minister?
- Detention number is I been in Cyprus in 2013. I try to travel with fake passport by airport paphos. I was been arrested by police immigration paphos after three days in police station. They decided to send me in Nicosia center prison. There are Cypriote mane make me problem brock any teeth and then they took me to hospital for one week after then took me to mennoyia center detention. I’m in detention nine month now.
- Ahmad Ahmadien. From Detention number is 1275. I have been in Cyprus since 2000. And I have been in Mennoyia detention center since 8.5.2014. police beat me very hard two times. I am in very bad situation. I don’t want to go another country. I need your help.
- Detention number 1335 .asylum sacker. File closed. Under detention for 9 months now.
- Detention number Student /pink slip got expired. Been under detention for 4 months now. And wishes to complete studies.
- Detention number Asylum seeker / file open. Under detention for 2 months.
- Detention number 1582 two children born in Cyprus. Age’s 4 years, and 2 years respectively. Under detention since October 2014 [almost 5 months].
- Detention number Asylum seeker/file cloused.11 months under detention now
- Detention number1875. Asylum seeker /file open 3 weeks under detention.
- Detention number 1601. Asylum-seeker/file clause from April 2014 but now I am in the supreme -court
- Detention number1874.student/pink slip got expired. Wishes to be release so as to continue with school.
- Resai Mohammad. Detention number 1797. I went to another European country at 2012.but government of Cyprus send a letter to Holland for take me back to Cyprus at 2015.i went to embassy in Holland and asked them, They said to me government want you back to Cyprus, but when I came back to Cyprus, immigration catch and put me in detention of mennoyia since 1.2.2015.
- Hosseini Seyed Reza . Detention numbermy family [my son Detention number 1846 and my wife Detention number -1799] have been in mennoyia detention more than 1 months. We applied for asylum seeker for long times, but my family and I still in detention.
- Israel Ademodi. Detention number I’m not really happy about what they do to me, I had that the police men want to edit my name an document (birth cofifc), when they used to send to my embassy, than ask them about of they say in, but I asked my embassy, the embassy told me that is forge document that have been receive by the Cyprus government when is not my document second they took me to hospital that I have mental disorder when is not true, I have been here for about 6 month.
- Hamed Reza . Detention number 1081. I was 15 months in block 10 and I’ve been in mennoyia for 13 months. When police arrested me my file was in supreme court.
Thank you for your consideration.
Δεν είναι μια εξωτική ιδέα ο Reza
Κουβεντιάσαμε με τον δικηγόρο και ακτιβιστή υπεράσπισης ανθρωπίνων δικαιωμάτων, Μιχάλη Παρασκευά, για την εκδήλωση της παραμονής της Πρωτοχρονιάς έξω από τα αστυνομικά κρατητήρια Μενόγειας, με τη συμμετοχή κυρίως νεαρών φοιτητών από τη Λευκωσία, που ήθελαν έτσι να δηλώσουν την αλληλεγγύη τους στους κρατούμενους για απέλαση μετανάστες.
Ανάμεσά τους ήταν και ο ίδιος ο Μιχάλης, που έθιξε το ζήτημα της πολιτικής τους ευαισθησίας. Είπε ότι αυτά τα παιδιά των 20, 22 και 25 χρονών, που βρέθηκαν στην Κύπρο για τις διακοπές των Χριστουγέννων και της Πρωτοχρονιάς, έστειλαν με την πρωτοβουλία τους το μήνυμα ότι δεν εγκαταλείπουμε τους ανθρώπους που, άδικα και παράνομα, κρατούνται για απέλαση.
«Η πολιτική δράση αυτής της έστω μικρής μερίδας των νέων μας δεν είναι μάταιη», σχολίασε. «Οργανώνονται, συμμετέχουν, κάνουν συνελεύσεις, λειτουργούν αμεσο-δημοκρατικά και προσφέρουν».
Ο Μιχάλης Παρασκευάς πήγε και στην απέναντι πλευρά, τους έγκλειστους κρατουμένους της Μενόγειας. «Εγώ έχω επαφή με τους ανθρώπους αυτούς… είναι πραγματικοί, δεν είναι ιδέες εξωτικές… για παράδειγμα, ο Ιρανός αιτητής ασύλου Hamid Reza Razzazan είναι ένα άτομο που υποφέρει… ερχόταν στο γραφείο μου και τον ξέρω…».
Ζήτησα να μάθω περισσότερες λεπτομέρειες γι’ αυτόν τον αντικαθεστωτικό, ηλεκτρονικό επιστήμονα, που για επτά χρόνια εργαζόταν ως διοικητικός λειτουργός στο Τμήμα Πολιτιστικών Θεμάτων στο Πανεπιστήμιο Shahroud, της ομώνυμης πόλης του Ιράν, πριν καταφύγει στην Κύπρο.
Ο Μιχάλης Παρασκευάς κατέθεσε τον Ιούνιο 2014 αίτηση στο Ανώτατο Δικαστήριο Κύπρου για την έκδοση εντάλματος Habeas Corpus για άμεση αποφυλάκισή του και αναγνώρισή του ως πολιτικού πρόσφυγα.
Αναφέρεται στην αίτηση ότι ο Reza προέρχεται από πλούσια οικογένεια με υψηλή κοινωνική θέση στο Ιράν και ήταν πολιτικά δραστήριο άτομο πριν και μετά τις προεδρικές εκλογές του 2005 στην πατρίδα του, όπου επιδίωξε τη δημοκρατική μεταρρύθμιση και την αναμόρφωση του θεοκρατικού ιρανικού καθεστώτος. Συγκεκριμένα, μαζί με φοιτητές του πανεπιστημίου, διένειμαν υλικό για τον ανθυποψήφιο του Ahmadinejad, τον Mostafa Moin, ενώ συνέχισε τη δράση του και μετά τις εκλογές.
Έφυγε από το Ιράν για να μη συλληφθεί από το καθεστώς και ήρθε στην Κύπρο παράνομα το 2008, μέσω κατεχομένων. Το 2009 ταξίδεψε στο Ντουμπάι με πλαστό διαβατήριο και τον έστειλαν πίσω στην Κύπρο, όπου του ασκήθηκε ποινική δίωξη για κυκλοφορία πλαστού εγγράφου και πλαστοπροσωπία και φυλακίστηκε για 7 μήνες. Από τις 23 Φεβρουαρίου 2010 που αποφυλακίστηκε, μέχρι τις 10 Μαΐου 2011, δηλαδή για σχεδόν 15 μήνες, ήταν έγκλειστος στο Μπλοκ 10 των Κεντρικών Φυλακών με σκοπό την απέλαση. Αφέθηκε ελεύθερος, αφού η απέλασή του ήταν αδύνατη για νομικούς και για πραγματικούς λόγους.
Επανασυνελήφθη στις 16 Φεβρουαρίου 2014 και έκτοτε κρατείται μέχρι σήμερα στη Μενόγεια για απέλαση – με τα τελευταία πέντε χρόνια της ζωής του να μεταφέρεται από φυλακή σε φυλακή στην Κύπρο, γιατί διέπραξε το «έγκλημα» να πιστεύει στη δημοκρατία, να αγωνιστεί ειρηνικά γι’ αυτήν, να ξενιτευτεί και να γνωρίσει την απαξίωση, σαν κοινός εγκληματίας.
Μου αρέσει αυτό:
Μου αρέσει! Φόρτωση...